Saturday 18 June 2011

Candy Land


I wish I would ever visit a candy land,
I used to pray before going to bed,
With candies, floss and chocolates around,
I wished to be in a similar town.

One day before going to bed,
I wished again for that amazing land,
As I closed my eyes to sleep,
I flew into a lovely dream.

Suddenly I opened my eyes,
Gasping I saw where I was in my dream,
In a candy land I had wished,
I finally gave a smile and flipped.

I started walking down the chocolate mountains,
Tasted and nipped every candy flower in the pathway,
Nearby I saw a river yellow-green,
Filled with vanilla and pistachio cream.

Suddenly I saw a beautiful sight,
A castle made of chocolate white,
With a fountain of strawberry milk,
And everything as soft as silk.

“Wake up” I heard someone saying,
Nudging me when I was yawning,
As I opened my eyes to see,
I heard everyone say Happy Birthday to me!

Mother handed me a box of chocolates,
Sister a pack of colorful candies,
And Dad a brick of vanilla ice-cream
I sighed and suddenly remembered my dream.







2 comments:

To Anna, from Sharvi

I've never had true friends. I don't know what friendship means. There is a friendship I see in the movies - a concept that seems ...