Thursday 9 June 2011

Newborn



I open my eyes and see the sky,
I wonder where am i and why?
In a nest hung on a branch of tree,
Free from all the animals beneath.


The river i see below my nest,
Sparkling like some occasional fest,
Nearby sitting is a man drawing,
Looking towards me and yawning.


I flap my wings and decide to fly,
But without any confidence i'm afraid to try,
I see the horizon and wonder,
What must be more to see and why?


In the curiosity i close my eyes,
Flap my wings and try to act like the flies,
Suddenly i open my eyes,
Hung in midair, I succeed in flying.


I pass the many flowers beneath,
Feel the soft and cool breeze,
Reaching to my destination, The river,
I approach the man with fear and a shiver.


Reaching there i look upon the drawing,
Gasping i see what he was drawing,
A little bird with colorful wings,
I see how pretty i am , staring at him


4 comments:

  1. Very nice poem. It touches !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharvi ,I have seen many people write who are of my age,but the way you have portrayed it is absolutely amazing!! its so natural,imaginative..Keep writing!! and stick to your naturalistic style,its lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

To Anna, from Sharvi

I've never had true friends. I don't know what friendship means. There is a friendship I see in the movies - a concept that seems ...