Friday 24 February 2017

The Cupid's Curse

Twilight descends,
The stars peek out,
High up on the trees the peacocks crying out loud,
And so does my heart with bitter longingness,
Crushed by this never-ending pensiveness,
Oh so distracted from the affairs of life,
Object of infatuation upon a pedestal in the mind,
Immense adulation for thy beauty divine,
An agape worshipper from day to night,
Like nocturnal moths attracted to light,
The yin of my pupil to the yang of your white,
In my stomach, a frenzied army of butterflies,
Chaotic and calm at the same time,
Rustling of the leaves, passing is a soft breeze,
Shivering is the skin, a charged contact from someone akin,
Buzzing, buzzing, like cryptic crickets,
Glowing, glowing, this divine spirit,
Enraptured now, taking in your scent,
Like plants of jasmine, putting up an aphrodisiac act,
Your sight so addicting, as I stand gaping unaware,
Legs now stone, lifeless, like Ozymandias in despair,
Paralyzed is this body, hypnotized is the mind,
Soul now dancing in a state of trance,
Is this the Cupid's idea of a romance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Anna, from Sharvi

I've never had true friends. I don't know what friendship means. There is a friendship I see in the movies - a concept that seems ...