Monday 10 April 2017

A lone wolf

Screeching owls atop these trees around me,
Casting a shadow,
Mine, lost among their intricate patterns,
I'm rushing through the forest,
Rustling of nature in my ears,
My quick feet flying,
Chasing my prey,
The bright, white moon,
Coming to a halt, I take a break,
Standing on the edge of a cliff now,
The stones tumbling down to the valley below,
Amidst the dead silence and a constant buzz of night flies,
I look up,
Eyes searching,
Sweeping across the painted sky,
But in vain,
I howl,
Calling out your name,
Where art thou my moon?
Shy or angry hiding behind the curtains of clouds?
I wouldn't know...
I have nothing left to say...
Helpless,
You are out of my reach,
All I can do now is whimper,
O' Darkness,
My companion,
Let's run beneath this sky devoid of starry light,
The moon of my life is unhappy tonight

2 comments:

To Anna, from Sharvi

I've never had true friends. I don't know what friendship means. There is a friendship I see in the movies - a concept that seems ...